Sunday, January 2, 2011

(a few) more inquiring questions.

Dear Husband to Be,
If you could do anything you wanted with little (or maybe even no) limitations, what would it be?  Would you travel the world?  Would you buy a farm (with a swing;)?  Would you collect every fun "toy" (boat, old cars, etc.) or live modestly and save your loot? 
If money were no object, what would your dream job be?  What are your ideal financial dreams/goals/plans?  Aside from "to have a lot of money" (which seems like a typical or more obvious answer)  I mean really, what do you want?  Why?  Are you doing anything now to work towards those financial ideals?

What do you dream of doing with your family?  When you picture them, what do you think of?  What image comes to mind?  Do you see faces?  Do you see traditions?  Do you see routine, family rhythm, things you always do or say?  Do you see things your family MUST experience together? the beach? snow? forts? game nights? outdoor movies? (the possibilities are as big or small as you imagine them...what are they?)

What do you want for yourself?  Who do you want to be?  Are you living the life you want to live?  Or at least following the path you feel good about living, and trusting that it will get you to the life you want to be living?  Are you the person you want to be, even when you are by yourself?  Are you becoming the man you thought you'd become?  Is it better, worse, or just as you imagined? 

Do you smile at people?  Do you shake hands?  Do you have a firm handshake? (cause I'll be honest and say I would die otherwise:)  Do you notice people's body language?  Are you helpful when help is needed?  Or even when it's not?  Do you ask what you can do to help?  Or say, I'd like to help with 'this' when you suspect they'd still not be comfortable delegating?  Are you aware?  Observant?  Faithful?

Do you speak kindly about yourself?  Do you speak kindly to yourself in your self-talk?  What would others say about you?  What would YOU say about you? 

I suppose that's all for now.  For today.  I'm sure I'll have more;)
Your Sweetheart to Be,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment